Saturday, February 27, 2016

Should Atheists Try to Convert Believers?

I'm an unshakeable atheist. For me, it comes down to this:

I believe that man created "God" to cope with life's challenges, that it's extraordinarily unlikely that a God rather than a yet unexplained scientific process created the world and is an entity who, per the Bible, sees all, knows all, and is loving. After all, can we really rationalize billions of painful deaths to cancer, natural disasters, etc as "mystery beyond human comprehension," 'God's punishing man for his sins," or "God gave us free will?" I can't.

When religious people tell me about their faith,  I'm faced with a decision: Do I try to disabuse them? In my PsychologyToday.com article today, I present the thought process I've gone through.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online