Saturday, January 9, 2016

Accepting Our Decline

The term, "the ravages of aging," haunts me. So does, "Aging isn't for the faint of heart."  

And those are mere abstractions. Concrete examples drive deeper into my psyche, for example, yesterday seeing a friend in a hospital bed facing a triple-whammy of life-threatening challenges.

And with me at 65, my body is already issuing occasional reminders of where I am on life's conveyer belt.
Even most religious people have a tough time with aging's ravages, those harbingers of eternal death, but atheists have it harder. We cannot look to a better hereafter.
What's an aging atheist to do? 

My PsychologyToday.com article today offers are my thoughts. None offer unyielding peace but perhaps a balm:

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online